Hey there everyone! I’ve been under the weather all week, but still wanted to catch up on sharing a really fantastic and easy soup recipe that I put together at the beginning of the week. I’ll keep this post short and sweet to get right to the recipe. If you want some background on my ingredients, check out either of the links at the bottom of the page to my other blogging accounts for a more in-depth write up. Hopefully I’ll kick this little cold soon so I can get back to full force! Have a great weekend!
Red Potato, Broccoli & Butter Bean Soup
Makes 8 servings
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, washed & quartered
- 1 pound fresh butter beans (or about 2 1/2 cups of your favorite cooked bean like white beans or chickpeas)
- 8 cups water or low-sodium veggie broth
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 2 small broccoli crowns, cut into florets
- 4 heaping cups chopped rainbow chard (can sub kale or another green)
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 2-3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
Place your potatoes & beans into a large stockpot and cover with the water or stock. Stir in your spices and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer partially covered for 15 minutes.
Next add in your broccoli crowns and continue to cook for 15 more minutes or until the vegetables and beans are cooked through. I like my broccoli to have a little bit of texture at the end which is why I prefer to add it later on in the cooking.
Once the soup is done remove from heat and mix in the chard to let wilt. Mix the miso with a quarter cup of the soup broth so you don’t end up with chunks of miso in the soup, then stir in along with the vinegar. Taste and adjust to your liking. Enjoy!